Golden Park is a 4,500-seat baseball-only stadium in Columbus,
Georgia that opened in 1926. Located on the Chattahoochee
River in Downtown Columbus, it currently is not home to any professional
baseball team. The exterior of the Golden Park is a red brick fašade and has many
well-landscaped sidewalks that connect to the Chattahoochee RiverWalk.
Golden Park is named after Theodore Earnest Golden, co-founder of Goldens'
Foundry and Machine Co..
Golden led the effort in Columbus for the city's first South Atlantic League team.
Golden Park was renovated in 1994 in anticipation of the softball events of the 1996 Summer Olympics that were held in the city of Columbus.
Columbus Confederate Yankees, (1964-1966) and Columbus White Sox (1969)
Columbus Astros, (1970-1988)
Columbus Mudcats, (1989-1990)
Columbus RedStixx, (1991-2002)
South Georgia Waves, (2003)
Columbus Catfish, (2004-2008)
Columbus Wood Bats, (2009)
Click here to return to the 2013 NBBA World Series page.